Background to Clip ‘n Climb Cambridge
“Climbing Walls meet theme park in an exciting new leisure concept for all ages, four and upwards… Our stunning series of climbing-based activities provide healthy, challenging fun for all the family.”
Clip ‘n Climb originated in New Zealand and the worldwide master license is held by Entre-Prises, the world’s largest climbing wall manufacturer.
Individual Clip ‘n Climb sites purchase a license which provides the climbing equipment and operational, maintenance and marketing support from Entre-Prises’ UK head office, as well as an exclusive territory. Clip ‘n Climb Cambridge is owned and operated by Walthew Leisure Ltd which is headed by Chris Walthew. Chris has also run a marketing company in Cambridge for 12 years, which is now headed up by his wife, Beth.
The inspiration for setting up a Clip ‘n Climb in Cambridge came from Chris seeing his then 5 year old daughter climb at the Clip ‘n Climb centre in Exeter. The ethos of Clip ‘n Climb Cambridge is to provide a healthy, challenging and challenging environment for all ages and abilities, that is a positive addition to the community of Cambridge and the surrounding areas.
Information about your group’s Clip ‘n Climb session
Clip ‘n Climb is taking Cambridge by storm and is the perfect venue for your next group social activity.
- Clip ‘n Climb Cambridge has 24 climbing challenges. 22 of these are climbing walls which vary in levels of difficulty and cater for all abilities and levels of confidence.
- Experienced climbers will be challenged by our harder walls, such as the beanstalk like ‘Triffid’.
- For less experienced or nervous group members, we have walls that are easier to try at the start, such as the simple shapes and holds of ‘Amazing’. Climbers can go as high as they feel comfortable with. Over the course of the session, their levels of confidence greatly improve.
- Indoor climbing has never been easier or safer. The ‘clip’ part of Clip ‘n Climb refers to climbers being clipped into a safety rope system, called an automatic belay device. These take in the slack as you climb and then lower you gently to the ground.
- Climbers get a huge sense of satisfaction for conquering fears and completing challenges.
- All our walls have point scoring challenges and several allow you to race head to head against each other. Our Speed Wall also allows you to time your climb to the top.
- A session at Clip ‘n Climb is great exercise, huge fun and will put a huge smile on the faces of your group, living long in the memory.
The Extreme Challenges
Make the Clip ‘n Climb experience complete by tackling our two Extreme Challenges. Climb hands free up the Stairway to Heaven and dare to drop from the top of the Vertical Drop Slide.
How long do sessions last?
Sessions last for 90 minutes. You begin with a 30 minute safety briefing, followed by 1 hour of climbing.
Your group can join a public session or you can hire Clip ‘n Climb exclusively for your session, allowing you to bring up to 30 climbers and unlimited use of the Extreme Challenges.
Discounted costs during the week in term time
Our standard price for exclusive hire is £399 but for charities and not for profit youth groups, we offer a discounted rate of £299 during school term times.
If you have a smaller group, we offer a discounted rate of £12.50 per person, regardless of age, and include a free go on both our Extreme Challenges which are a real highlight of any group visit.
Times of sessions
During the week in term time, sessions run starting on the hour from 3pm with the last session starting at 7pm.
Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) Quality Badge
Clip ‘n Climb Cambridge has been awarded the LOtC Quality Badge. This is the nationally recognised indicator of good quality educational provision. In order to be awarded this badge, we have had our risk assessment processes and management of risk assessed and deemed to be of a high quality.
Clip ‘n Climb Cambridge has also been awarded the Adventuremark Badge. We have been judged as having met the necessary standards for the safe delivery of adventure activities as defined by the awarding body, the Adventure Activities Industry Advisory Committee (AAIAC). This covers the provision to all ages groups for activities associated with artificial wall climbing.
If you require further information or would like to book your session, please contact us by email or calling 01223 941700.